<<<<====Share Over Here =)
7 Steps to Building Confidence
and Self Esteem
I have come to believe there is NOTHING that is more important than building confidence and self esteem, this article will help you do just that.
What Could Be MORE Important than Self Improvement?
Ready to tweet this or share this on Facebook? This hit me yesterday and it made so much sense to me.
“There can be no real self improvement until you have self acceptance” – Ray Higdon
Let me share what I mean…
The Indestructible Power of Self Acceptance
Studying self improvement, trying to build confidence and self esteem BEFORE you accept yourself is like trying to apply moisturizing beauty cream to an open wound.
Trying to improve your skill-set for building your business before you have self acceptance is like polishing the oars on your boat that is sinking.
Trying to get better at your marketing before you believe in yourself is like putting granite counter-tops in the house that is condemned.
OK, so you get the point, believing in yourself and self acceptance, in my opinion, is of the highest order. But how do you do it? Easy to say right? Hard to do, or is it?
7 Steps to Building Confidence and Self Esteem
1. Do affirmations everyday. Yeah, I know, you have heard this one before, there are two school of thoughts here and I say pick the one you like best. There’s a school of thought that traditional affirmations, you know, things like “I am so grateful and excited that I am healthy and wealthy” are not believable so therefore not valid. The non-traditional way taught by my buddy Noah St John says to write affirmations in the form of a why, such as, “Why am I so healthy and wealthy?” so force your subconscious to go to work on it like a math problem. I have gone back and forth on this, on one hand it does make logical sense and on the other I also believe that stating things in the present tense is a good practice too. You pick (comment below if you have a strong opinion either way)
2. Watch “It’s a Wonderful Life”. Great move, might cheer ya up just watching a good movie but it particularly should help you see that you can make a big difference but let me challenge and pull you in another way. Yes, whoever you are, you HAVE made a difference in the lives of multiple people, your kids, parents, friends, students, siblings, etc BUT, and stay with me here, the slight advancements in your exposure and impact multiple the effect at every step. Meaning, when you create success that mandates you being asked to share your story on a small stage, MULTIPLIES the number of people you impact and inspire. What does that mean? The less time you spend staying put, moving backwards, NOT believing in yourself, the more you CAN spend impacting other people. Embracing this translates to it being SELFISH to NOT create a successful life.
3. Read the struggles of others and know that a lot of the most successful people in the world also had difficulties and reasons to NOT believe in themselves but somehow they got over it and did it anyway. Here’s an example:
Admitting she survived not only a brutal rape at the age of nine, but constant episodes of sexual molestation between the ages of 10 and 14, as well as a series of physical abuse, she explained she had to believe in a ‘power greater than herself’ to get through the traumatic ordeal. That woman went on to become the billionaire herself, Oprah Winfrey, just one example of someone who had every reason NOT to believe in herself but did anyway.
4. Be more grateful. In chapter one of my book called Vibrational Money Immersion, I give an assignment at the end of the chapter to create a list of 100 things you are grateful for. Almost without exception, those who struggle to come up with 100 things to be thankful for struggle with being present and with self acceptance. Practice makes perfect.
5. Change your posse. One of the biggest, yet missed, benefits of being in a network marketing company is you get to be apart of a group that has hope and is uplifting. Attend every major event your network marketing company puts on and allow yourself to at least temporarily suspend your disbelief. It is VERY difficult to build your self confidence at home, by yourself, or around people that you feel don’t believe in you, this makes it way more important to stay around the flagpole by attending events and being around people that WANT you to have success.
6. Build Your Hero. My sons play a lot of video games and in Halo you can build your own character. It can have green armor with a red visor or yellow shin guards with blue-plated breastplates. You can do the same. Take the time to write down exactly who you want to be. What traits do you want to have, what will people think of you, what will be at the core of your being. To help you in this you may wish to review my video on Be, Do, Have
7. Be OK with you. Know that everyone has past mistakes, everyone has made bad decisions, but so long as you have blood running through your veins (I don’t think I have too many zombie readers) and a beating heart, there is hope. Know that whatever you have the courage to want, you have the capacity to learn how to accomplish. Stop the negative thought and the common desire to focus on the things you don’t want and turn toward the light, turn toward your dreams and turn on the part of you that so wants to come out and strut it’s stuff!
I truly hope that these tips help you with self acceptance and building confidence and self esteem. Feel free to share these tips with anyone you feel might gain benefit.
To Your Abundance!
Did This Blog Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate if you commented below and shared on Facebook
PS: Short Promotion from Dr Robert Anthony on How to Deliberately Create (60% off here)
If you enjoyed this post about 7 Steps to Building Confidence and Self Esteem, retweet and comment please