This quick post contains 13 Social Media for Business Marketing tips and quotes to help you.
IF you want some social media tips for small business, here’s a great place to start.
Why Use Social Media for Business?
Around 300 consumers* who are active Internet users participated in a survey focusing on how customer service influences brand reputation as evidenced in social media. Top findings include:
- 59% of respondents used social media to ‘vent’ about a customer service experience.
- 74% chose companies/brands based on others’ customer service experiences shared online.
- 81% believed that blogs, online rating systems and discussion forums can give consumers a greater voice in customer service, but less than 33% believed that businesses take customers’ opinions seriously.
*Source: Society for New Communications Research
If you already know that your Potential Prospects are using Social Media, Why Not?
Using Social Media for Business is not only smart, it is almost REQUIRED nowadays. If someone searches for you and your company and they find nothing, that is actually a red flag and may prevent that person from buying your product, service or joining your opportunity. Check out this POWERFUL infographic:
Why is Social Media important? Because your prospects are already using it to check out the products that they buy.
13 Social Media for Business Marketing Quotes
1. “Give them what they want in your free giveaways. Teach them what they need to know in your paid offerings” – Amy Porterfield (Click to Tweet)
This is VERY powerful for those of you who may want to create your own information products or trainings.
2. “Content is King but Engagement is Queen and she Rules the House” – Mari Smith (click to Tweet)
As you know I am a HUGE proponent of creating content but boy is this powerful to illustrate the importance of engaging people.
3. “Ask what you can do for influencers, not what influencers can do for you – develop relationships!” – Laura Fitton (click to Tweet)
This is what I have ALWAYS done, how can I help those that are influential in my marketplace.
4. “People love to be recognized and feel that they matter. Recognize them for engaging.” – Mari Smith (click to Tweet)
So simple, yet so rarely done.
5. “Raise up the people beside you & quit worshipping those above you.” – Chris Brogan (click to Tweet)
Super powerful, for more of Chris, you can listen to the interview I did with him awhile ago – Chris Brogan Interview
6. “Lead with a personal story. Give your audience a way to connect and show you’re a real person.” – Michael Hyatt (click to Tweet)
Being willing to be vulnerable in business and on Social Media is POWERFUL.
7. “Don’t settle: Don’t finish crappy books. If you don’t like the menu, leave the restaurant. If you’re not on the right path, get off it.” ― Chris Brogan
(Click to Tweet)
Another classic from Chris.
8. “Pursuing your passions makes you more interesting, and interesting people are enchanting.” ― Guy Kawasaki (click to Tweet)
Instead of asking yourself “What works” ask yourself “What fires me up”?
9. “The goal of social media is to turn customers into a volunteer marketing army.” – Jay Baer (click to Tweet)
What an epic way to think. Put out stuff that people would WANT to share.
10. “Today, I see my business as a content marketing company. In other words, my entire goal is to give more valuable, helpful, and remarkable content to consumers than anyone else in my field, which will in turn lead to more sales.” ― Ann Handley (click to Tweet)
Love it, domination via content creation.
11. “When we are young, parents and teachers tell us we can do anything and become whatever we want. But as we grow older, these same people tell us we must be more realistic.” ― Michael Hyatt (click to Tweet)
Anyone else ever experience this?
12. “Focus on the core problem your business solves & put out lots of content & enthusiasm, & ideas about how to solve that problem.” – Laura Fitton
(click to Tweet)
This is EXACTLY what we do for our peeps.
13. “The vital difference between dreamers and achievers boils down to some very basic, simple habits. People with clear, *written-out* goals who consistently honor their defined priorities tend to get results faster than others, and enjoy a greater level of happiness and long-term success in all areas of life.” ― Chalene Johnson (click to Tweet)
Do you have your goals written out? If not, you may want to hop to it!
More Resources on Using Social Media for Business Marketing
Join the Conversation
Which quote or tip was your favorite? How are YOU Using Social Media for Business Marketing? Comment below and feel free to share this with your community.