Feel free to share these recruiting tips with people on your team if you get value.
Should You Bother with Cold Market Recruiting?
Some companies and even leaders may teach you that you should only talk to warm market, IE: Friends and family members. There are a few reasons why you may want to invest some time improving your cold market recruiting abilities and here are a few:
- If you have been in a bunch of companies, you may have already burnt out your warm market.
- Even if you have a great warm market, you will eventually recruit someone who doesn’t have a great warm market.
- There are always more people on this planet that you do NOT know than you do.
- If you have a great product, service, or opportunity, why not tell more people about it??
Now, even though I am a fan of cold market recruiting, that does NOT mean I am against warm market prospecting, I think you absolutely should talk to your warm market about your product, service or opportunity just don’t be addicted to them joining or buying from you and you will be OK.
Recruiting Tips for Those you don’t Know
- Learn marketing. It is called network MARKETING for a reason. My style of marketing that we teach is how to create online content and use social media to position yourself as an educator and authority, it just works. It doesn’t happen overnight but nothing worthwhile typically does. If you want to learn more about our style of marketing, you can register here for an upcoming training.
- When you are prospecting on Social media (one of our faves), never send an unsolicited link. What that means is do NOT send your company sales link, order form or ANY website to a prospect unless you get to the point in the conversation where they ask for it or you ask them if they would like to learn more and they accept it. Some cold market recruiting rockstars won’t ever send a link until they can get the prospect on the phone. I can tell you that I am not that extreme but I see the power of posture of doing that. One way you could do this is by saying “Before I send you anything I would love to hop on the phone for five minutes just to make sure this is the right fit for you”.
- IF you are prospecting people offline (you know, the real world??) then the biggest of my recruiting tips you need to hear is “Say Less to More People”. DO NOT get stuck explaining your compensation plan to a stranger you just met, you WILL lose them every single time. It is much less a sin to explain your product but never talk about your opportunity in length the first time you meet a prospect. When you meet a stranger focus on getting their information and following up with them later and pushing them to a tool. If you want more on this exact type of prospecting, feel free to register for my ultimate cold market recruiting training.
- Keep your power. If you ask someone the question “Would you be at all open to a side project if it didn’t interfere with what you are doing?” and they give you resistance, don’t be afraid to walk away. You have something that others NEED, that does not mean you NEED any one individual you run into. Most times if you are willing to walk away, they will cave and give you their information and if they don’t…NEXT!
- Don’t go out to prospect, prospect while you are out. This is one of those recruiting tips that has been passed down for generations but needs to be said often. It is strange for you to budget time to go OUT to prospect, just prospect while you are out. The main reason is you don’t want to teach your downline they have to make it a point to go out as that event can be easily skipped, you want to train them to prospect while they are already out which happens a whole lot more than someone purposely going out to prospect, does that make sense?
- Don’t be sad by the numbers. The best recruiters I have ever met typically close 20-30% of the people they meet. That means 7-8 people out of ten tell them no…and they are the best in the business. Don’t be sad if you talk to your first 20 and they all say no. I happen to know two BIG earners that got over 200 no’s at first. Keep going, it is worth it!
Like these recruiting tips? Want more on cold market recruiting? Feel free to tell me in the comments and share this around.
Did This Help You? If so, I would greatly appreciate it if you commented below and shared on Facebook
Ray Higdon’s Network Marketing Blog
Email: [email protected]
Periscope – Ray Higdon on Periscope
Considering Coaching? Check out my Work with Me tab and Survey where we Help People Everyday.
PS: Free 10 Day Online Recruiting Bootcamp Teaches you How to Recruit Using the Internet, Click Here for Access
If you enjoyed this post on Cold Market Recruiting Tips for Network Marketers, retweet and comment please